Sadly there is no Lamington Eco Challenge for 2018.
We are working on the 2019 event and will post all the details as soon as we have them.
So what you read here is what we have done over the last 5 years.
Can you do your chosen event twice?
21 kms or
8.5 km Fara trail fun run
And in 2017 special combination events
(42 km+ 21 km or 42 km + 8.5 km or 21 km + 8.5 km)
The Lamington Eco Challenge is a trail running event featuring some tough terrain in the Scenic Rim Hinterland in South East Queensland, including four wheel drive tracks, grassy paddocks, bush and a couple of hills as well as having to negotiate creeks, gates, cattle grids and the potential wandering livestock.
These events start and finish at O'Reilly's Rainforest Retreat, Villas and Lost World Spa located in the Lamington National Park. Competitors will have the option of 3 events. A 42 km Marathon or a 21 km Half Marathon distance or the FARA 8.5 km Fun Run on two consecutive days. To be in the running for age or category winnings you need to compete in the same event on both days. However there is a team option, (like a relay) where one person competes on one day and your team member competes on the other day. This will suit Mums and Dads with kids. There is also the option to compete in a single event, however this will not place you into a set category for overall placings.
You do not need to be an elite athlete or champion runner to compete in the Lamington Eco Challenge. There is a 9 hour cut off on each day for the 42 and 21 km events, so there is plenty of time for anyone who has trained to have a go.
5th year celebration
2017 is our 5th year so we have decided to give you a few more event distance options. Only this year you can have the choice of distance combinations. Take a look at the events options further down this page to view the special combinations.
The Lamington Eco Challenge have teamed up with First Aid Accident & Emergency to offer one of the safest trail running experiences to our competitors. We are also now offering specials on First Aid Training and Supplies to all of our competitors. Here are the specials for training,
- CPR $40
To book the courses and receive the special rates, you will need to call the FAAE office on 07 55205068 and mention this webpage.
What makes this event very different is that it plays out over two days; you get to sleep the night in a cozy warm bed. Will that make it easier to compete the second day or harder? O'Reilly's Rainforest Retreat, Villas and Lost World Spa known as a nature lover’s paradise would be the perfect place to stay. It will fill quickly so if you decide to stay at O'Reilly's you must book early. There is also the Green Mountains Camping Area and other various accommodations in the area. See accommodation page.
A percentage of your registration fee will be donated to FARA.
- 42 km on two consecutive days
- 21 km on two consecutive days
- FARA 8.5 km Fun Run on two consecutive days
- Team event - 42 km x 2 (one team member on each day)
- Team event - 21 km x 2 (one team member on each day)
- Single event - 42 km (either Sat or Sun)
- Single event - 21 km (either Sat or Sun)
- Single event - FARA 8.5 km Fun Run (either Sat or Sun)
- 42/21 km combination (only 2017)
- 42/8.5 km combination (only 2017)
- 21/8.5 km combination (only 2017)
Please note an eariler start time on Sunday for all events
- Saturday 5th Aug 8:00 am
- Sunday 6th Aug 7:00 am
- FARA 8.5 km Fun Run has 2 checkpoints each day.
- 21 km event has 3 checkpoints each day. Hammer Heed available at CP2 turn around point.
- 42 km event has 7 checkpoints each day. Hammer Heed available at CP2 and CP4 turn around point.
- CP's will be run by volunteers and community groups who will be briefed on how to best help you.
- All CP's will have water and /or Hammer Heed. Finish will have Hammer Recoverite to help your body recover for the Sunday event.
- There will be a verbal briefing 5 minutes before the start on both days.
- We encourage you to carry a drink bottle or hydration pack to limit the use of cups at checkpoints thereby keeping this event as environmentally friendly as possible.
- All events will be clearly sign posted/or marked
- Presentations FARA Fun Run around 10am all other events arund 2:00 pm on Sunday.
- Competitors of the 21 km event must be 16 years or older before the day, competitors in the 42 km event must be 18 years or older on the day and have a waiver signed by their parent/guardian.
- FARA Fun Run is open to 12 years and older if running/walking with an adult or 15 years and older if running/walking solo. All competitors under the age of 18 MUST have a waiver signed by their parent/guardian.
- Combination events, the first day must be your longest distance
GUARENTEED GREAT EVENT AND/OR WEEKEND
Late entries will be available on the day of the events, but will attract a $10 late fee on top of the LAST MINUTE fee above.